Ellgia Recycling Ltd ensures that we maximise recycling potential through advice to our customers to reduce the overall impact on landfill, and therefore minimising the impact on the environment.
Working in conjunction with our suppliers and customers, we are committed to continually improving our environmental performance by controlling and managing our operational activities and products ensuring that risks to employees, the general public and the environment as a whole are identified and actions taken to minimise or eliminate their effects.
The objectives of our policy are:
- To comply with legal obligations and relevant other requirements pertaining to the business.
- To promote environmental awareness throughout the organisation.
- To maintain a safe and healthy working environment for employees with adequate facilities appropriate to the business activities of the Company.
- Through the setting and completion of environmental targets and objectives Ellgia Recycling Limited will achieve the certification of ISO 14001:2004 and in addition will seek to:-
- Prevent pollution.
- Increase source materials for recycling.
- Reduce energy use.
- Reduce waste.
- Control and reduce air emissions.
- Recover, recycle and re-use waste materials wherever practicable.
Ellgia Recycling is committed to minimising the effect of its processes on the environment.
It is our policy to:
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation.
- Identify the environmental aspects associated with our activities and establish a mechanism to reduce and control significant aspects.
- Review the environmental risks associated with our processes and implement systems to ensure that these risks are minimised in order to prevent pollution.
- Implement a system of inspection, testing and maintenance to ensure that the environmental risks identified continue to be controlled.
- Monitor our impact on the environment through a documented emissions monitoring regime.
- Ensure that staff are trained to be aware of the environmental risks identified and their roles in ensuring that these risks are minimised.
- Audit and review environmental performance.